Our (super cool) classes are designed to provide a thorough grounding in both the in-person and online versions of InnovationGames for individuals who wish to use these games to better understand and meet their customers’ needs.
Based on Luke Hohmann’s book, Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play, and our qualified instructors’ decades of real-world experience, this two-day interactive workshop teaches you how to apply the same serious games that Fortune 1000 companies, nonprofit organizations, and governments have used to improve their products and services and build lasting success.
You will learn how to:
- Discover what your customers don’t like about your offerings
- Uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough opportunities
- Understand where your offerings fit into your customers’ operations
- Clarify exactly how and when customers will use your product or service
- Deliver the right new features and make better strategy decisions
- Increase empathy for the customers’ experience within your organization
- Identify your most effective marketing messages and sellable features
- Slay dragons (ok, maybe not this one…)
Certified Collaboration Architect
Our two-day Innovation Games for Customer Understanding course earns participants 120 Experience credits in the Certified Collaboration Architect program—equivalent to an Orange Belt. For more details on the program click here.
Workshop Structure and Topics
The two-day certification workshop is built on the “learn by doing” model of education, relying on real-world case studies and in-class practice and discussion. Topics covered include:
- Identifying the areas in which Innovation Games can positively impact market research efforts
- Determining which game or games are best suited to any given situation, online or off
- A high-level overview of the planning, playing and post-processing process for game sessions
- Hands on experience of several games, both in-person (Day 1) and online (Day 2)
- Detailed investigation and hands-on practice of real-world case studies
- Thorough grounding in game facilitation and presentation techniques
- Best ways to bring Innovation Games inside your business
Who Should Attend?
This training is indispensable for individuals who want to use Innovation Games to communicate directly with customers, clients, and/or with internal teams. Possible job titles include:
- Marketing/Market research professionals
- Brand managers
- Product and R&D managers
- CTOs and senior business executives
- Project and team leads
- Coaches and facilitators
Cost: Courses organized and offered by Conteneo cost $1,195 per participant; early registration and group discounts are available. Pricing may differ for courses organized by partner organizations.
Schedule: Unless otherwise stated, the class runs 2 days, 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM and will include a breakfast and lunch
Prerequisites: Although not strictly required, it is helpful if participants read the book Innovation Games®: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play before the course.
Registration: Check our upcoming courses for registration links and venue information.
Conteneo has certified a select group of talented and knowledgeable industry leaders as Innovation Games® Qualified Instructors. Their decades of real-world experience in wide range of industries ensures our courses give you the practical, hands-on education you need to put Innovation Games to work the moment you’re back in the office.
Why Should You Attend? Here’s What People Are Saying about Us:
“Paul Dunay, Global Managing Director of Services and Social Marketing, Avaya”
What happened over those 2 days of training was amazing – we took real-world problems that Luke encountered (with the names changed to protect the guilty!) and applied Innovation Games to solve them. It was less about learning the games but more about learning to solve a problem with gaming.
“Anu Ramaswamy, Agile Product Management consultant”
If you don’t know much about Innovation Games®, I highly recommend you read the book and/or take the class. I believe that these games will enable a high level of collaboration between business and IT, and will help huge strides towards designing software applications with a user-centered design. comments on her experience taking the class and details how Innovation Games can be used to help you decide what to build here.
“Israel Gat, Director of Cutter Consortium’s Agile Product & Project Management practice”
This is a shameless plug for Innovation Games. Shameless that it might be, it is grounded in the hands-on experience I acquired as a participant in Luke Hohmann’s workshop on the subject. While Innovation Games had been conceived, implemented and published by Luke more than 5 years ago, the contemporary online implementation breaks new ground.
“Stacia Viscardi, Agile Evolution”
Innovation Games are such a fun, but serious, way to help set product direction. I love that the games are about people; added to our quantitative tool sets, Innovation Games give a robust meaning to “what do our customers really want?”